Pillars of the Network
Boys Club Network sponsors represent a vast range of successful Canadian men - from entrepreneurs to professionals, sport figures to politicians, tradesmen to artists and educators. Mentors range in age from 18 to 80, and in income level, from break-even to billionaire.
But they have one thing in common. They are all good men. Good men who have on at least one occasion - and most often in spite of appearances or common knowledge - overcome considerable adversity, challenge or disappointment - to become stronger, more successful, more grateful, and more generous.
And these men, behind closed doors and in the guaranteed anonymity of the Boys Club Network sanctum, share their stories and their insight with Boys Club members. They share not only their wisdom and stories of personal struggle, development and success, but also and perhaps most important, they share their definition of what defines and how to become a 'good man'. Mentorships range from a single two-hour visit, to annual return visits, to mentor-initiated sponsored work placements, to field trips, to scholarships. It all works, and it all matters.
This mentorship is a fundamental pillar of the Boys Club Network philosophy of Hope, Opportunity, Positive Mentors, and Education. Mentorship helps establish the sense of connectedness with the Network, each other, and the greater community, that boys need to develop empathy, gain confidence, and ultimately fulfill their human potential.
The Boys Club Network is eternally grateful to our mentors for their commitment, and for generously sharing their time and wisdom:
- Francesco Aquilini - CEO/Owner Vancouver Canucks, Aquilini Investment Group
- Paolo Aquilini, - Owner Vancouver Canucks, Aquilini Investment Group
- Mark Banecevic - Owner Cara Electric
- Daniel Boulud - Chef/Owner Dinex Restaurant Group
- Joe Calendino - Reformed gang member
- Tom Cooper - Pastor, President & Founder of (Vancouver) City in Focus
- Victor de Bonis - COO Vancouver Canucks
- Dennis Drummond - Entrepreneur, Developer.
- Pat Delesalle - Entrepreneur, co-owner Burnaby Express Junior A Hockey.
- Gaetano Fasciano (deceased) - International Fashion Photographer
- Ciaran Feenan - Delta Police Sarjeant
- Danny Ferraro - Entrepreneur, co-owner Ferraro Foods Group
- Jonathan Field - the 'Horse Whisperer'
- Tanner Glass - NHL Winnipeg Jets hockey player, former Vancouver Canuck
- Peter Grasso - Playwright, Dramatist, Actor.
- Frank Guistra - CEO Fiore Financial Corporation, co-founder Clinton-Guistra Sustainable Growth Initiative
- Tewanee Joseph - CEO Four Host Nations/co-host Vancouver 2010 Olympics, Aboriginal Relations Consultant
- Rick Langer - VP & Senior Investment Advisor Canaccord Wealth Management
- Ernie Larochelle - Hereditary Chief of the Dene First Nation
- Trevor Linden - Retired NHL Vancouver Canuck hockey player
- Patrick Ma - Retinal Surgeon
- Dale MacKay - Top Chef Canada Winner, Chef/Owner of Ensemble Restaurants
- Laird O'Connor - Owner Broadway Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Co
- Geoffrey Peretz - CEO Schaffer Residences Inc, Vice-Commodore RVYC
- Jim Prier - Philanthropist, Templeton Foundation founder
- Mike Roberts - former Superintendent of Schools for Kelowna
- Gregor Robertson - Vancouver City Mayor, co-founder Happy Planet
- Michael Sikich - President The Agency Real Estate Marketing
- Neil Stevenson-Moore - Princeton University hockey alumni
- Kevin Torvik - Vancouver Police Officer
- Don Vicic - Retired Investment Banker, former BC Lions football player
- Danny Virtue - Film producer/Stuntman, Founder of the Virtue Foundation